Thursday, July 12, 2007

Win a copy of "Evidence Explained ..."

The genealogy world awaits the publication of a new "Bible" -- the book Evidence Explained - Citing History Sources from Artifacts to Cyberspace by Elizabeth Shown Mills (Baltimore, GPC, 2007). The book is offered for sale for $49.95 plus shipping and handling at the BCG site here.

If you order the book, you can receive a refund of the price if you enter their contest to see how many books are sold at the FGS Conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana over three days in August 2007. The person who guesses the closest to the number of books sold will be the winner.

I'm afraid that when I read this book that I'll find out that all of my source citations for about 30,000 people in my database will now be wrong -- correcting them is not something I look forward to! I'm still trying to bring them up to the standard of Mills' earlier book Evidence! Citation & Analysis for the Family Historian.

No comments: